About the Journal
About (FUUAST Journal of Biology)
FUUAST Journal of Biology (FJB) with (P-ISSN No. 2222-0356 & E-ISSN No. 2616-8758) is a peer reviewed open access journal that is published bi-annually. It publishes authentic researches in the form of articles, reviews and short communications in the field of biological sciences. FUUAST Journal of Biology is recognized by Higher Education Commission under Category "Y".
Aim and scope
FUUAST Journal of Biology (FJB) is a peer reviewed, multidisciplinary science journal and is abstracted/ indexed in EBSCO, ProQuest. The journal welcomes selected, original research articles and reviews in the field of plant, animal, human and microbial sciences in relation with other pure and applied sciences like physics, chemistry, computational and medical sciences. The scope of journal is therefore necessarily broad to cover recent discoveries in all areas of biology at the interface of related disciplines.
(FJB) aims to provide rigorous peer review and enable rapid publication of cutting-edge research to integrate the wide and flourishing field of biological sciences. The journal is published biannually and is recognized by Higher Education Commission Pakistan.
Patron: Patron is the chief seat of the entire formed body of FUUAST Journal of Biology, and the journal is published under his patronage and expert supervision. He permits various actions to be taken regarding the journal matters after scrutinizing everything confidently.
Editor in chief: He receives research papers, articles and reviews from the authors, develops correspondence with them and assures that the received papers comply with the instructions to authors given by patron in chief of the journal. Moreover, he forwards the research manuscripts to the editors for further processing.
Editors: Calls the meetings of the Editorial Board members periodically at least once in six months or in a year. He/ She understands, share and resolve the problems. An editor is also responsible to facilitate the publication of the journal by developing strong intellectual communication with the board members.
Managing Editors: They maintain all possible logistics and help needed for the journal successfully. They deal with printing and press and all relevant official matters.
Secretary: He/she carries out all official work, deals with financial matters of the journal and maintains the permanent office at Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and Technology-Karachi Campus.
Associate Editors: The prior responsibility of associate editors is to stay in touch with editor in chief and other editors. For the sake of fruitful review process the associate editors are also responsible for forwarding all received papers to relevant subject specialists. The team of associate editors is also responsible to maintain all records and develop their correspondence with all reviewers till the finalization of every issue of FUUAST JOURNAL OF BIOLOGY.
- It is decided that membership of the journal and the society will be extended to national and international level.
- For first two years no membership fee will be charged than it may be imposed by the committee in future.
- Present committee decided that after every two year call of the election for editorial board will be given by the managing editors.
- Only members will be allowed to participate in election.
- National and overseas members can cast their vote by e-mail.
Members of Editorial Board: They are responsible to review the article and submit in time along with their comments to the Chief Editor.
Article Processing Charges: The Article Processing Charges for every article is Rs.6000/=
*Author is bound to acknowledege the source of funding (if any) in the manuscript.
Account Title: Fuuast Journal of Biology
Account No: 9604000001103984
Branch Code: Bahadurabad
Address: Shop No. G-1 & G-2 Ground Floor, Arab Business Centre, Plot No-5, Central Commercial Area KCHS Union Ltd, Bahadurabad
Individual: 2000 PKR
Institution: 4000 PKR
Overseas: 40 US$ (including handling and postage)
1- Associates members
- For this type of membership a graduate degree in any biological sciences is necessary.
Rights and Privileges
- To attend conferences, workshop, seminars, lectures and meeting of academics/research nature organized by the association.
- Receive publication of FUUAST Journal of Biology on discounted rates.
- Will be eligible for all offices.
- Vote at all general and extra-ordinary meetings.
2- Student members. (Students of any discipline of Biological Sciences)
- Student of any discipline of Biological Sciences.
- M.Phil and Ph.D. students will have same right and privileges of associate members.
- Receive publication of discounted rates.
- Will attend conference, workshop, seminar, lectures and all events organized by the association.
3- Supporting members
- All interested in Biological Sciences
- Will be invited in all events organized by the association.
- Will be eligible to cast their vote.
- Attend general body meeting.
- Members of outside Karachi may cast their vote by e-mail.
Eligibility for membership to FUUAST Journal of Biology is subject to approval of application by Executive committee